I told the nurse that the feeding tube seems to be the worse part of this whole treatment (he's on treatment 27/35 of radiation, last chemo today) and he shook his head yes...it has caused him pain from day 1 and is still such an issue that he puts lidocaine around the tube when he has to put liquids in. The problem is, 1/4 of the liquid is coming back out each time. He has lost 60 lbs in 6 weeks so they are keeping him until the weekend. Definitely a good idea.

He wanted them to remove the tube and they said, sorry but you are going to be using that feeding tube for 2-4 more months so we cannot remove it and look at how much weight you have lost.

Any thoughts on this or experience? He said his chemo doc adjusted it today and asked me if he should spend the money on this other doc to look at it. I told him that it's his choice. He hasn't responded back to me as he tends to not communicate well. We live an hour away so I'm not right there to hear what's going on. I will probably be going up to take him some more clothes in the next day or so as this stay was unexpected.

I know Christine will have words to say on this! She warned about this happening!

Last edited by ConnieT; 09-25-2018 04:21 PM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free