Hi Vickie,
As a stage 4B cancer survivor, I am sure my existence today after a tough battle 4 years ago can give you and your husband encouragement and support. The picture is never rosy once you or your family member is diagnosed with cancer and I hope your husband is in the hands of caring and sensible medical professionals who will not keep on scaring their patients.Without treatment, any patient even at a stage one would definitely die. Given the best and proper treatment, some patients survived and some didn't, regardless of the staging of the cancer. We need to fight hard to get control of our future, although sometimes there are things beyond our control. I have a strong respect for people with religious belief and faith in God but sometimes they have gone to an extreme that their words may have a negative impact on patients. When I was severely ill, a group of very fervent Christians approached me trying to convince me to believe in their God saying that this was the only way I could go through the battle. I am not a woman easily influenced and I made all my effort to go through all hardships.. life-threatening cancer and depression. Here I am, for over 4 years I have been in remission and life is back to normal. Occasionally, I still heard some Christians I know saying that my recovery was mainly due to their prayers. Feeling a bit annoyed but I don't want to argue because I respect their belief.I hope I have not offended any posters here when quoting my experience because it is never my intention to speak against anyone.
Sorry for sidetracking here but Vickie, do remember you and your husband are never alone fighting this battle. Most people here are very supportive and positive and are willing to stand by you.

Karen

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.