Hello,

I went to my dentist for a routine check up and she noticed an elevation in my soft palate. She said it was probably my normal anatomy but sent me a referral for an ENT. I finally received the histology report from my doctor who called me this evening to let me know the results came back " benign low grade carcinoma". I am so confused as to how benign and carcinoma are the same thing.
I am going to have to get the mass and some healthy tissue surrounding it removed. I am getting the surgery sometime within the next two weeks. The mass removed will then be sent out again for histology to see if a secondary surgery is necessary. I am also getting fitted early next week for a mouthpiece to protect the roof of my mouth when the mass is removed because they are going as far as the bone. I am so nervous and unsure of whats to come next. I have a 16 month old baby that I still breast feed and I this all came out so suddenly. I live a fairly clean lifestyle and I just dont knowhow this happened. I can only think that I lived near the WTC on 9/11. I feel like I am a bit young to get something like this to happen.
I am worried about my baby, I am worried about medical bills. I am full of worries and I feel so overwhelmed and sad..