In addition to what CM57 has advised (this may help them as well), Boost makes a very high calorie formula. When getting the most calories per swallow is important, Boost VHC has 530 calories per "can". This usually is not available of store shelves. Some pharmacies will order it specially for customers who ask. The easiest way to get it is to click on the Amazon box on the right of any page and place your order thru Amazon. Back in 2007 when I used the VHC, I paid around $16 a case. Now its about double at $34+ per case.

I cant stress enough how important it is to hold on to your weight. Patients weight loss is an early indicator of patients who are starting to struggle. During rads, patients need at the very least 2500 calories per day and 48-64 oz of water. If a patient is still losing weight and they're taking in 2500 calories then they need to up their minimum to 3000, 3500, etc. A patients intake is one of the most important things to focus on in order to get thru everything as easy as possible.

Back when I went thru rads, I tried but was not very good at tracking my calories or fluid intake and lost 65 pounds. Now, I tend to nag people about this due to all the unnecessary struggles I went thru due to not watching my intake closer. I had several hospitalizations due to becoming malnourished and dehydrated. I felt so bad I actually thought I was dying (which fortunately I wasnt). I became so ill that my son practically carried me to the car and rushed me to the hospital. He put me in a wheelchair and pushed me into my medical oncologists office (without bothering to call for an appointment) who immediately took me right back to an exam room. My doc came right in and took one look at me and admitted me on the spot. She didnt even bother taking my vitals, she knew I was in bad shape when I couldnt even hold my head up or answer her questions. I had a very difficult time of it mostly due to not having a caregiver. My son was only 17 when I got sick and my daughter was 15. Being teenagers they had a hard time watching their only parent go thru what seemed like a continuous downward spiral.

Im not sure why the facility you mentioned was not included in the list of only 49 CCCs in the US. It could be the list doesnt get updated very often or just a clerical error.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma