Here in Toronto, Canada, thyroid cancer is not necessarily treated in the Head and Neck Clinic. My friend was treated by an ENT and had surgery. My husband’s thyroid condition was followed, not by his MO, but by the endocrinologist in another hospital. The MO said she did not know enough about the thyroid to be treating that as well. I’m afraid the division is so fine that one ends up being followed by different doctors in different departments in different hospitals. Maybe the doctors treating Debby can consult with each other.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.