Hello, I am a 57 year old female who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 20 years ago, had Chemo and RT as well as a bilateral mastectomy in Detroit MI. 8 years ago diagnosed with Thyroid cancer, had thyroidectomy, bilateral neck dissection, and now SCC Stage I on left underside of tongue (I'm sorry I don't remember the proper terms of this). I underwent a partial glossectomy on 2/21/18 but the ENT surgeon at a CCC who did the surgery didn't want to do a dissection of the remaining nodes in my neck surrounding the submandibular gland. My submandibular gland is very swollen and sore. Has anyone had this happen after surgery? My Endo Dr who follows my Thyroid cancer did an ultrasound as he always does every six months to follow the deep lymph nodes that have cancer involvement and sees something in the nodes surrounding that spit gland. I have decided to jump ship (figure of speech) and seek a different treatment center. Not impressed with the current Head and Neck Department at all. I appreciate any insight as I'm very confused as why I have conflicting Dr opinions.

DebbyR
2/18 SCC Under Tongue with METS
2/18 Partial Glossectomy
5/18 Neck Ressection