Hello!
I found this blog about a week or so ago, after my husband completed 35 rads and 3 cisplatin for Stage IV Tonsil Cancer. The treatment as most of you know was hell but he made it through without a PEG. He completed treatment on January 10, 2018, and today he is approximately 8 weeks post treatment. He is still surviving on nutrition drinks only (Boost Plus, 360 calories, 6 a day). He was a little overweight when he started, and lost about 30 pound. Today he is weighing about 204 lbs., and he 's 6'2". Not a bad weight but, of course, he's lost a lot of muscle so it's by no means a "healthy" weight loss. My husband is a tough man so he went cold turkey off of the pain meds (Hydrocodone 10 mg only) about 2 weeks after treatment. He hates the constipation, and he's done with the pain meds. The problem is he said it's still too painful to eat any thing thicker than a nutrition drink, and even those burn he says. I'm getting worried and he's getting down about the whole slow progress. Of course, taste is a problem (although he can taste some things which I think is a miracle), dry mouth is a problem and he still has the terrible, debilitating mucous! My question is should he be further along in recovery or is this about par for the course? Thanks for sharing your experience.