Yes, vertigo has been discussed here by OC patients/survivors. Im not sure about how exactly they are related. If you type the word vertigo up in the search box (towards the upper R of any page), you will get many pages of previous posts discussing vertigo.

Thanks for the update about being HPV+. Now I understand your situation better since you mentioned your tumor is in your tonsil area. I had misunderstood you and thought your tumor was located in your jaw. Almost all OC where the patient is HPV+ their tumor will be in either their tonsils or in the base of their tongue. I have yet to see anyone where the HPV+ tumor is anywhere else. I know it can happen but thats in very rare cases.

You are fortunate to not be in pain. Some patients are and some patients the tumor does not hurt at all. I wasnt in pain either, the first time I went thru OC I had tumors in 2 separate areas and neither one caused me any pain.

Im so glad to see you have your transportation all worked out already!!! That can be a big challenge when you need to travel over an hour each way. It gets especially difficult the further you are along in your treatments when you start not feeling the best. Thats nothing to be concerned about. Hopefully you will be lucky and not be bothered with side effects. That all gets tied together with how well you do with your intake.

Keep up your positive attitude!!! Being positive will help make this easier for you. We will be here to help too.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma