You're welcome smile This is exactly why we're here. We have been down this road before and know all kinds of little things the medical community doesnt think of to tell patients and caregivers. Just knowing you arent alone in this can help most patients to feel a little better mentally.

Practice the things I mentioned in my previous post and in time you will better manage the bad days. As I read thru the Coping section on the main OCF site I saw so many great tips to help patients feel more secure in their situation. Managing all the waiting time should also help you to feel more at ease with everything. Talk to your doctors and nurses about how the treatment facility can help you to manage your emotions about everything you're going thru since your diagnosis. Its completely normal everything you are experiencing. Ive found learning about your illness helps to make you feel more in control which will help you to have a more positive attitude towards all your new challenges.

Your post has over one hundred views from other members. And thats only the people who are registered members, thousands of others read posts but we only count the registered members. You have a small army in your corner, together we will help you get thru this. To me, I felt like I found my long lost family when I first joined OCF 10 1/2 years ago. I was soooo naive about cancer that I actually was concerned about losing my hair which I can now laugh at smile You're with a great group of people who really do care and will help you. Best wishes!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma