That is not an easy question to answer! None of us here have medical backgrounds, we are not qualified to tell you what you should do. That said, after getting many different doctors to check your mouth and none "thought" it was anything serious makes this a difficult decision to make. Many oral cancer patients (myself included) had no symptoms at all prior to being diagnosed. Here in the US, I doubt any doctor could be "forced" to do a biopsy. A biopsy is the only way to know for certain to tell you exactly what you are dealing with. I always err on the side of caution. If it were me, I'd ask for a biopsy. But... thats just me and Ive had 3x as many biopsies come back as nothing wrong as those being cancerous. On the other hand, Ive also seen countless people come thru here with the same predicament, unsure of what they should do. At least 90% of them ended up with nothing wrong after getting a biopsy. They know its nothing serious because of the biopsy. Those who opted not to have a biopsy and trust the doctors are probably still sitting there wondering and worrying.

Best wishes with everything, no matter what you decide to do. Please come back and let us know how you make out.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma