Hello, I'm very new to the forum.
I am a new OC patient. My husband has had a recurrence of stage IV colon cancer. So I've been a constant cancer caregiver for several years now. I'm getting a new perspective being the patient.. My husband's cancer returned August 14th 2017 and I was diagnosed with OC on August 25th. Needless to say I've been a bit overwhelmed. I had a partial glossectomy and right side neck dissection to check lymph node pathology on September 3rd. I had great test results. And I'm home recovering after 5days in the hospital. I'm told mine was "easy"... This bothers me as I feel I'm struggling. My speech is very "lispy". My neck mobility is not what it needs to be, the swelling still prevents me from having a defined jaw.. I'm still on liquid diet. I've tried mashed potatoes but they are too painful to manipulate in my mouth.
The skin graft on my tongue is horrendous to see, I don't know what it's supposed to look like. I want to eat real food as I've been craving real food for months as the cancer caused me terrible pain for 6 months prior to diagnosis..... I guess I really needed to vent a bit. Less than a week after being released from the hospital, I have to take my husband to chemotherapy. Cancer has been my life since 2014 and I'm just feeling worn down.
Thanks for letting me vent.
-Jen