Susan is right, they have lots of different models. So there isn't a one size fits all, especially when it comes to price. But the one I recommended with the shorter container (which is now the standard on all their high-end machines) was recommended because in most kitchens the tall container machine will not fit underneath the upper cabinets in standard kitchens. The distance between the countertop and the bottom of the upper cabinet is standardized in most kitchens to 18 inches. So Vitamix got enough complaints years ago to come out with a container that could live on your kitchen counter under a standard upper cabinet. It is shorter, but also wider. That is one of the reasons that the 7500 is what OCF recommends and what we donate through our disparities program. And yes, they have sales several times a year. They do not apply to every machine usually, and their dealers are allowed to sell at the sale price too, but only on the same days, on the same units. As with most things in life the details matter. The difference between an older model 5200 and the 7500 are mainly two things. The motor in the 7500 is another .2 horsepower more, and the more important thing is the blade is 4 inches in diameter, not 3 as in the 5200. (You can't put the big blade in the tall containers.) Blade diameter matters becuse the tips of the 4 inch blade turn a lot faster than the 3 inch blade even at the same engine RPM, same as in airplanes. Faster tip speed and you get a quicker thinner blend. So they had many reasons besides the counter top height to make the changes that they did. I'm sure like Susan everyone has a favorite, they have lots to choose from. I have a gourmet chef friend that insists on the one with all the programs beause she is multitasking in the kitchen, and wants to walk away from the blender to do something else and still have it stop at a certain time. So shop around their site, there is a lot to consider if you want one. Then just call us and tell us what you would like. They deliver in less than a week usually.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 09-05-2017 03:21 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.