I would recommend a model 7500 which doesn't have all the fancy programs on it you don't need, but has the big engine and newest bowl design. I would also recommend that you buy a refurbished one. They literally have been used at a Costco or like place as a demo for a day or two, then returned to Vitamix and every part that came in contact with food is replaced with new, and they are finally sold with a 5-year warrantee. You can't tell them from new. I have one, and I've recommended them to tons of friends that also had issues with the costs of these machines. But for sure, they live up to their reputation and will do the job, it just now means that you have to be a student of nutrition, get the right proteins, healthy fats, carbs etc. so that you can stay healthy and prosper. If you want to help the foundation, and those that we donate these to that qualify with their financial disparities, please do so by calling the OCF office and we will place the order for you and it will ship directly from VM to you. All VM dealers like OCF are precluded from discounting them from the prices that are on their web site, so you will not get one any cheaper from a reputable dealer, and you get to help others at the same time by supporting OCF. (If they catch you discounting, they yank your dealership). Ask for Veronica and she will be glad to help you. 949-723-4400

Last edited by Brian Hill; 09-03-2017 04:04 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.