Ok...need some advice. Its the weekend. Im still not eating, i try but it lasts for about 20-30 minutes before i get sick and vomit. Im barely drinking and eating. Im trying to hold out until monday to go to the cancer center instead of the emergency room, as it really sucks here. Here is where i need advice. How long can a person go without food? Or barely eating. I eat maybe teaspoon , trying to eat, but mostly i spit it out. Milk, has been what ive been drinking, and water. Maybe 2 cups a day. Anymore and i vomit. I was on boost, but it made me so sick. Milk was easier to get down. Im tired, and sleep a lot, very weak. Nauseous all the time, i take meds for it, but it doesnt seem to help. My mouth seems to have been healing fine, mucositis has almost disappeared. Swallowing is fine, i just dont understand what is up with keeping the food down. At this point , tube feeding doesnt seem necessary, as i can swallow fine. There is basically no pain that i feel. Im on the fentanyl patch 50mg. And i barely take the percocet, as i really dont need it.

Has anyone gone through this period of not eating? And when does it become necessary to seek medical help? Are there warning signs?

04/21/17 Biopsy at ENT
04/25/17 Biopsy result SCC on left side tongue
04/27/17 CT Scans--shows shallow tumor
05/02/17 Pre-op
05/03/17 Surgery to remove tumor
05/08/17 Cancer still present
05/10/17 2nd surgery-
06/05/17 PET on 6th, RADS start on 06/20/17
07/11/17 Halfway point!
08/01/17 Last treatment
11/1/17 Cancer is back
11/15/17 Emory University surgery. neck dissection, left lymph nodes removed, tongue free flap from left arm with skin graft.