Just got done with RADS . It was tough, not going to sugar coat it. The last week of rads, i was put on the fentanyl patch, first 25mg, then a few days later 50 mg. My question is this...does the fentanyl cause eating problems? Ive lost 40lbs during Rads, and i thought that things might change after i stopped, i know...its only been a few days, but i have a feeling that my hunger for food is missing. My stomach doesnt growl, smells do not appeal to me, and mentally im not hungry either. My mouth sores are still in effect, so eating would be painful regardless. When i looked up side effects of fentanyl, anorexia, was listed among them. Has anyone came across this "feeling" of not wanting food while on fentanyl? Mentally, ive been trying to reason with myself to continue to eat, but i my body is in total rejection at the mere thought of food. I take Zolfram for nausea, and also metoclopramide ,5mg/5ml to make the digestion process faster, so i dont vomit, what i eat. Im tired from lack of nutrients, i know. Boost creamy vanilla is all i can throw down my throat, and that is an achievement. Water is fine, swallowing seems better, as i can now take full pills, instead of crushing them. Ive tried multiple soft creamy foods, i can eat maybe a quarter of a cup, before the painful burn in my mouth begins, as well as the "feeling" like i want to get rid of the food.

So...... Anyone else have this, or does this make me an original loony...😆

04/21/17 Biopsy at ENT
04/25/17 Biopsy result SCC on left side tongue
04/27/17 CT Scans--shows shallow tumor
05/02/17 Pre-op
05/03/17 Surgery to remove tumor
05/08/17 Cancer still present
05/10/17 2nd surgery-
06/05/17 PET on 6th, RADS start on 06/20/17
07/11/17 Halfway point!
08/01/17 Last treatment
11/1/17 Cancer is back
11/15/17 Emory University surgery. neck dissection, left lymph nodes removed, tongue free flap from left arm with skin graft.