The immunotherapy chemos are targeted towards recurrences, especially where they have mets to the lungs. This works on lung cancer patients as well. But by itself, it isnt for OC. There are many conversations on this forum about the new immunotherapy chemos. Use the search function with any of the immunotherapy drug names and you will find posts.

Here is more info (from what I wrote to another member recently w/ quotes from OCFs founder, Brian Hill).....

On the bright side, this has not been proven to be cancer yet and there are new drugs that have shown to be effective in cases like your husbands. Opdivo (nivolumab) from Bristol-Meyers and Merck's Keytruda (pembrolizumab) have fast tracked thru the trials to be available years earlier. Heres a post from Brian from 10/15 about these newer medicines..... "There is a brand new drug from Bristol Myers Squibb called Opdivo (nivolumab). I would ask your doctors about this. I watched this go through clinical trials and it was later fast tracked by the FDA for lung cancers in patients that had had previous platinum based chemo. It was targeted for non small cell lung cancers. You don't comment about your specific diagnosis, but even if yours was lightly different, this is a drug that works with your own immune system and it might open up a pathway in other lung cancers for an immune response. It had some pretty good results though it didn't work for everyone. If your cancer is a variant of this, you may still get someone to try it off label. That might be a hail Mary idea, but I've always said I'm not going to go quietly into the night. It think it is at least worth talking to your doctors about sooner rather than later." This is past all the trials and is now readily available with many patients who have found great success with these drugs. Talk to your husbands doctors about the possibility of these newer immunotherapy drugs.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma