Yes, desserts are ok. smile Have one for me too!

Some patients are able to work during their treatments, but most arent. It depends on the type of job and the persons overall health, age, etc.

What you are experiencing is completely normal. Its almost like the stages of grieving. Just be aware many OC patients and caregivers will need some help to get thru treatments and recovery. Its perfectly acceptable to need anxiety meds and a therapist to help you manage your emotions. Its usually a temporary thing just like anything other treatment aid, its a tool to get you thru the rough spots. Depression runs high in OC patients, its pretty easy to fall into a slump when you hit the hard parts of treatment and recovery. Its not easy to think of things on the bright side when week after week you feel worse and worse. Im glad to see you have already reached out to someone at your treatment facility. Its nothing to be ashamed of, if I had to guess I'd say about half of patients need this to help them get back on their feet. Also, one of the very best things about our group is we completely understand where you are coming from and you are anonymous. Nobody here knows who you are or any personal info unless you tell us and that stays here, we never share our members info. So dont ever worry... your secret and info is safe with us.

You are right, this will be a big test on your marriage. Being a caregiver is a tough job!!! I always thought as the patient I had the easy job, I just sat thru all the treatments and eventually recovered. I cant imagine how I would be as a caregiver. I dont think I would be able to handle watching someone I loved go thru heck while keeping a smile on my face and always being positive but also managing appointments, foods, medications, doctors and occasionally putting on the nurse hat from heck*** and being an advocate for my patient. Nope, Im NOT cut out for that job at all. Just understand how difficult this will be for your wife and make sure she gets a break once in a while to walk away and clear her head. Going out to lunch with friends or getting a mani/pedi can be a huge morale booster for a caregiver who is overwhelmed. You're very fortunate to have such a strong person to watch out for you. She can also benefit from our site by learning about your disease and how to help you when the going gets tough.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma