Ok, good!!! Ive posted that list over and over so many times I cant remember who Ive given it to and who I havent.

Its next to impossible to not get discouraged during recovery. OC patients (and may of their caregivers too) frequently become depressed, taking anxiety meds or something to help them to manage their fluctuating moods could be something that may help your husband. Many patients do not even want to consider taking something for their mental state but it is only another temporary tool to help get them thru the rough spots. Many patients (especially men) refuse to consider using this kind of medication or talking with a therapist but it really could be a huge help. Im mentioning this because I think it might be something your husband would benefit from. I apologize if we talked about this before and I didnt remember. (In case you didnt know I have the worlds worst memory at times and then I can remember tiny details of something from 30 years ago... SORRY!!!)

Ive been where your husband is and yes, it is discouraging. Your husband is very lucky to have you in his corner! I have no doubt with you behind him, he will one day soon discover a food he never thought he would like actually tastes good again. When he hits that milestone then he really has made significant progress with his sense of taste and eating ability.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma