Hi Murphy,

Nice to hear from you. At our hospital, we were told to make fortified milk for milkshakes/smoothies that you are making. Here's the recipe

Protein Fortified Milk Recipe
Ingredients:

1 quart whole milk or 2% milk
1 cup powdered non-fat dry milk
Blend milk and powdered milk together. Chill in refrigerator for 4-6 hours before consuming.​ Each one-cup serving of protein fortified milk contains 211 calories and 14 grams of protein.

In addition, you can put ice cream in your Isosource to improve the taste. It will also up the calorie count. That's what I used to do for my husband. Poached eggs are good too, they go down really easily. I kept a detailed calorie count for all the meals as it helped me to keep track of how much John was consuming.

A shout-out to your wife. I know how tough it is to be a caregiver and I applaud her efforts.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.