Hi Christine, Thank you for welcoming to the group. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post and others. I was reading your signature and you are fighter! NO wonder why you are such a great advocate. Thank you for your advice about radiation. I did see a nutritionist who educated me on gaining weight the past 2 weeks, I am trying! I am on Gabapentin as one 2 weeks ago and I do think that it suppresses my appetite (which is unfortunate). I did get a dental clearance and thankfully I am all clear. My dentist did not provide fluoride trades, he mentioned the importance of fluoride for after treatment so now sure about that. Great input about the thyroid check. They mentioned this but I have not had blood work for this since January).
I do want to ask you, how long did it take your trach hole to close? I am SO close for the second time) and Monday will be 6 weeks from surgery. The main thing is it is so annoying to press when talking but I am very diligent with dressing changes and pressure when talking.

31 years old, SCC, happy and healthy!
03/10/17: Diagnosis of Tongue Cancer
03/20/17: 9 hour surgery, Hemi-glossectomy, radial forearm free flap, femur skin graft
05/01/17: Radiation 6 weeks