Hi Angelia! Im sorry to read about your dental issues. Do you have and use a waterpik? They work wonders!!! If you use one, do you mix your non-alcohol mouthwash with water? It may help get between your teeth and help you avoid cavities. Are the dentists you have seen all experienced in treating OC patients? Even though you had OC years ago you still went thru those brutal radiation treatments that can have side effects pop up even several years later.

As you are finding out, dental work and needing HBO is something everyone will tell you something different about. As far as HBO goes, from what I know its not necessary for having a root canal or fillings. If you need something more invasive like a tooth removed or if you have problems that requires surgery (ORN) then yes you would need HBO (even if you already did it a few years earlier). HBO does last for a while but there are many opinions on exactly how long its good for. From what Ive read about HBO (years ago before I did HBO) it has been shown to help heal infections. Maybe HBO would help with whatever you have going on? If the dentists dont know what is going on in your mouth and there is something they can see maybe they should take a tiny sample and send it out to the lab to get checked. There would be a big difference in how you were treated if it was an infection or if its necrosis. Another reason to have it sampled would be to ensure you were on the correct antibiotic that works best for whatever type of infection you have. Not all antibiotics work the same on different things. Maybe you dont need a stronger antibiotic but rather the right one that works best on what you have.

Not sure how much help I was but I tried. Hope you and your family are all well. I bet those kids are getting big smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma