My husband was in a phase 1 immunotherapy trial in 2014. Prior to that he had radiation and two doses of Cisplatin (the third dose was not given because he developed deep veined thrombosis in both legs). Unfortunately for John, the trial did not help him.

Are you being treated at a comprehensive cancer center? The reason I am asking is that I wonder if there is still a chance for you to be present at your own tumor board meeting where you can actually ask questions about your treatment and get answers from doctors from various disciplines. One forum member, Donfoo, did just that. If you search his name, you will be able to read his posts.

If you are going to go the immunotherapy route, I strongly suggest that you speak to an MO and find out what the response rate is for head and neck cancers. There are all kinds of statistics available from drug trials. That way you will know better if it is the right treatment at this juncture or what kind of chemo is best to start with.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.