Im so glad you are finding our site helpful smile We do our best to help everyone who needs us. Dont worry, we will support you right thru the upcoming treatments and recovery.

The minute you were diagnosed was the minute you need to start becoming selfish and putting yourself first. Most of us find this difficult to do. But, this must happen or consequences will force it to happen. Im speaking from experience! I was not the best with watching my intake and it landed me in the hospital with malnutrition and dehydration. My body was shutting down and screaming for attention and demanded to be taken better care of. I dont want to see anyone else ever go thru that. This is why Im such a nag about focusing on your intake. You MUST do this every single day right thru the first year after finishing rads. If you currently are on the slim side I suggest pushing those numbers and hitting 4000+ calories a day to pack on a couple pounds before any treatments begin. Eat all your favorites and have dessert too.

As far as everyone in your home, that can be one difficult situation which causes you extra unneeded stress. Its taking your focus off your intake and all the million and one other things you must now absorb and prepare. If you are able to get the people who arent helping you out of the house it will make your life so much easier. Its not fair that you and your husband are manipulated. Unfortunately your illness must come first in priorities for your household so if the 2 who dont help cant turn themselves around then its their choice that they must leave. Not easy but necessary for your health both physical and mental. As far as the smoking pot goes, some places its legal and others its not. If you live where its not legal then you sure dont need any legal problems on top of everything you are dealing with regarding your health. Its black and white.... shape up or move on. If they choose to live in their vehicle then thats their choice. I grew up with everyone being responsible for their own choices and actions. The world has changed so much since then. I see a world of many entitled young people who could do so much more with their lives but they choose not to. I feel so bad you have to deal with this problem!!! Being a parent is definitely the most difficult job there is.

Good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy