Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have to join our circle of friends, but I know everyone will be there to support you.

It's great that you have a good attitude about the situation even though it's unexpected. It will help tremendously during treatment and in your recovery.

Christine B will probably be by soon to talk to you about hydration and calorie-intake. I would just like to say that you may find the feeding tube a big help in achieving your intake goals. The treatment is thought but you will come through. Take it a day and a time and make sure you keep on doing your favorite activities for as long as you can. Post when you have questions, somewhere there is a forum member who likely had the same problem as you. We are also the shoulder you can lean on.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.