Thank you for your responses, I am trying to eat as much as possible.. Trying to think of all the food I will miss and trying to gain a few pounds too.. I am already uncomfortable due to the lesion that is on the right side and bottom of my toungue, but I know that I will probably beg for this discomfort post op when I am in real pain.
I have a question for the moms.. My kids are 7&9.. I have told them that I will have surgery and that I will be in hospital for around 2 weeks..I know what I will look like with the trach and scaring and tubes.. I don't want them to be scared but 2 weeks without seeing me may be worse, any one have experience with this?
My mom will be staying with us while I am in hospital and for a few weeks after to help with cooking and with the kids.. What did you do to get enough protein post op.. I am not big to start with and do not want to be too skinny.. Any advice is welcome. I am so grateful for this forum it's amazing to have somewhere to "talk" where people know where you are and where you are headed.. Hope you all are keeping well..