Hi, I was diagnosed with SCC on right side of the toungue, CT shows no spread to lymph nodes.. It's been 3 weeks since I got the news and just received my surgery date.. Another 3 weeks of waiting.. They will do partial glossy tony and neck ressection.. Will have a trach and tube feeding post op.
I am 42 years old married with 2 kids.. I am also a nurse, I have worked in many different areas and spent about 5 years as an icu nurse, so fortunately or unfortunately I know a lot... However have not been on the other side before.. Scary as can be!! I have amazing people around me supporting me but still... I feel like I have so many questions about what I will be like post op and how long it will all last for.. I am grateful for having found this site as it's always good to know that others know how you feel and that they got through it.. The waiting is brutal.. Can't wait to get this thing out of me and yet I do not look forward to the post op time.. Worried about my kids, husband and rest of my family.. Worried about how I am going to get through it all.. Any advise is welcome.