Thank you Tammy - I really appreciate you positive and encouraging responses. I showed Tony these and it really made a difference. This is Tony's second primary cancer the first was in 2013 when he had nasalphyrangeal cancer...which was hard he had intense radio therapy and chemo and had a PEG fitted then...when it was fitted he contracted MRSA to such a degree it became life threatening and that was before he had even started his cancer treatment.. then when he had this removed he had a heart attack and then was very seriously ill with bacterial meningitis ....and now he has had a second primary ...so been quite an adventure to say the least...I am very thankful to have found this forum...as this is life changing on so many fronts and I understand from our consultant here that this is a still a very rare operation...even the day before we were questioned if he still wished to go ahead...thank goodness he did.. I hope you and Christine don't mind if we keep in touch... best wishes to you both...Kathy

Wife and carer of husband who was diagnosed 2013 nasal-phyrangeal, clear 2014, second primary diagnosed Dec 2016 Tongue cancer, Feb 2017 neck dissection, full Laryngectomy, Glossectomy plus glands. All nodes clear.