I am certainly not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. However, speaking from personal experience, you do not want to ignore something that the little voice in your head is telling you just isn't right and needs to be checked. You also do not want to waste time seeking information/treatment from those not equipped to deal with an anomaly that could be cancerous.

When I first noticed something "off" in my mouth I brushed it off as no big deal (I am one of those people that avoid doctors like the plague) and just chalked it up to a slight irritation or something brought on by the enormous amount of stress going on in my life at the time. Long story short: when I finally contacted a doctor, I was bounced around from Dr to Dr. who threw everything but the kitchen sink at what was going on (meanwhile I lost more and more of my ability to even open my mouth) for close to four months before one Oral Surgeon finally literally pried open my mouth and took a biopsy--from that biopsy it was straight to the Cancer Center.

Contact your nearest cancer center, see someone that has the ability to rule out (or, sadly, rule in) worst case scenario, and do it as soon as you can!

I hope all goes well and you do not join this sh*ty club!

Best of luck,
Lisa

Last edited by Lisa Gamble; 03-04-2017 08:03 AM.

Lisa
SCC of the left retromolar trigone stage 4b HPV-, age 50
Treatment at a CCC
RX-Induction Chemotherapy: Cisplantin, Taxotere, 5-FU 3x then re-eval.
2/17/2017 1st Chemo
Hydration/electrolytes 2x wk
3/10/2017 2nd round of chemo
3/27/2017 and 3/28//2027 CT , MRI and reevaluation
4/5/2017- radiation simulation to make mask

ONE DAY AT A TIME!