Welcome to OCF! Im very sorry to hear about your husbands eating difficulties.

When was your husbands last treatment? In your signature it only says 2016. To me, this means he is still in the recovery phase where unfortunately there will be some ups and downs and set backs. I suggest asking his doc for a prescription for magic mouthwash. This will numb his mouth temporarily so he is able to eat. He should also be on pain meds to help with the pain. I remember the mouth sores hurt so much!!! I feel so bad for anyone who is going thru this.

As far as depression, it is very common among OC patients and even their caregivers too. At his treatment facility there should be a therapist or someone to talk to about his depression. Ive always thought everyone needs a reason to get up in the morning. Maybe if your husband had something fulfilling to keep his interest it would help him to feel more useful.

Heres a list of easier to eat foods. This list works for those who are relearning to eat. The foods mostly have a smoother texture and less salt and spices which should make them easier to eat.

As a caregiver, you have your hands full. Dont forget to take some time for yourself too.

Best wishes to you both!

List of Easy to Eat Foods

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV