Welcome to OCF, Suzie! Im very sorry you have a need for our site! We will help you get thru everything with info and support.

Im very glad you are taking along someone to your appointments. You are very lucky to have a nurse in your family!

I suggest reading both here and on the main OCF site to learn about your illness. An informed patient makes a stronger advocate! Ive included a couple links from the main OCF pages to help you better understand diagnosis and treatments.

If at all possible, try to get at the very least a second opinion at a comprehensive cancer center (CCC). These facilities are our countries top cancer treatment centers where they use a team based approach to developing your treatment plan. Just remember, surgeons cut and will recommend surgery. Once its gone it cant ever be put back to be the same. Radiation oncologists will say rads is the way to go so when you have all the professionals working together it makes everything so much easier.

You may want to start eating all your favorite foods now, desserts too. If you are on the slim side adding a few pounds would be a good idea as any OC treatments usually affect a patients eating.

Best wishes with your upcoming appointments!

OCF main site --- DIAGNOSIS

OCF main site --- TREATMENT

List of CCCs

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus