Welcome to OCF! Your have found the very best place for online info and support. Please feel free to ask questions, express your concerns, fears and if necessary to vent. We will do our best to help you by answering your questions and offering moral support the very best we can.

We want The OCF Survivor/Patient Forum to be a place where people are free to express their concerns, and share information and support. Your request to meet someone with the same diagnosis being treated at the same facility, who is also from your area may not be easily met. Our members come from all over the world so a new member may not always have someone with a similar diagnosis in their local area. At OCF, we also pride ourselves on being as anonymous as any patient or caregiver wants to be. This way a patients medical history is not identifying any one individual which can negatively affect careers among other things.

Even if someone has a similar diagnosis matching approximate age, sex, location of tumor, Stage, type of cancer, etc they can have a vastly different experience than another patient who on paper appears similar. Thats not even touching on many patients quest for anonymity and the HIPAA laws. By multiple members assisting with answering questions, our members gain the input of many and not just one particular local persons opinion. I suggest asking at your treatment facility if any support groups are available in your area. If time wasnt an issue you may find someone local at one of our events. Throughout the year, OCF has many walk/run events all over the country including one in the Boston area. At these events you can meet fellow patients/survivors. Im sorry but off the top of my head I dont know which walk is in which area so here the link to that page...

OCF 2016 events page

Please consider chatting here with our members and trying us out. Many members (myself included) have formed lifelong, close friendships with other members, some who live across the world. As you will learn, only those fellow patients/survivors and caregivers can truly understand what its like going thru this. We have walked in your shoes, we understand things with a depth no medical professional can ever come close to. I hope you will give us a chance to help you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma