Tom's remark that the drugs and rad are designed to kill cancer, not you, reminds me that right after rad/chemo a friend of mine gave me a bumper sticker that said "I'm going to survive this--even if it kills me!"

There can be days when it feels like that. Though you may be one of the lucky people who gets through everyhting relatively easily. Line up as much support from friends and family as you can. Find out what the resources are in your community that can help (give rides, get groceries, do home visits, etc.). And remember that although it's no fun, you WILL get through it and back to feeling better eventually.

And come here whenever you need to vent or ask questions. The people here are great and, as Tom said, it really helps you feel less alone.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"