I have to thank all of you, I have gotten so much information from reading through many of the threads here. I am in week 3 of radiation after a partial glossectomy for a squamous cell on the side toward the back of my tongue. I had no idea this type of cancer is so prevalent, but those of you who've gone before me sure have some wonderful support and advice.

I'm down to liquids and having a hard time swallowing, so though I'm trying, there's no way I'm getting the recommended amount of calories and protein, or water, though I'm trying. I've started gagging over the mucous since I can't swallow the Mucinex pills any longer. I see the wonderful support nurse once a week, tomorrow I'll tell her the trouble I'm having. I gag even with small pills and have just quit taking anything, even my BP meds. I really don't want to have to stop part way through and start again if I can help it!

We live in an RV and normally only spend a couple of months a year here in the Denver area, but obviously that plan isn't working this year! I was hoping we could move on shortly after the rads are finished, but seeing all the posts about needing medical follow up for various issues weeks and even months past treatment makes me a bit anxious. I guess we'll see what happens with that!

Again, thanks for all the helpful information, you're all heroes for having gotten through all this hassle.