Thank you for the responses. I feel fortunate to have found this group. We tried to have a "normal" weekend (whatever that is). John got started with chemo and radiation yesterday. He is napping comfortably as I type. I am trying to take advantage of the advice you all have given. I have made a list of people offering help. We live in the south and, unfortunately for us, people immediately want to bring food when someone is sick (or well, or sad, or happy... food is always the answer) It's a kind gesture, so instead I'm asking them to maybe invite our girls over for dinner. It gets them out of the house and keeps food smells down as John is feeling a tad squishy.

Christine, thank you for the offer to speak with him. I think he's feeling more positive now that treatments have started. I will add your offer to my list of people offering assistance. He may want to speak with you on down the road a bit.

Again, I am lucky to have found this group. I appreciate being welcomed so warmly. I have never been so thankful for a group of people I've never met.

Jessica
Caregiver to husband, John, 53. Non-smoker.
oral cancer, stage 3 or 4
Dx 6/22/16
Port and PEG 7/7/16
Radiation M-F beginning 7/11/16
1st Cisplatin 7/11/16
38 radiation treatments, Cisplatin x3
Completed treatment 9/2/16
PET scan 11/29/16
Tumor back or never gone
Surgery scheduled 1/17/17