Hi all, thankyou for taking the time to read my post Im looking for help to understand where my husband is at and what may be coming next. My husband was diagnosed with a stage 3 tongue cancer in march of this year on May 10th he had surgery to remove the tumour and approx 65% of his tongue, they grafted a section of his arm to replace the tongue, during surgery they removed several lymph nodes and found cancer cells had 'leaked' from one of these nodes into his body. He is now in week 4 of a 6 week radiotherapy program with 2/3 sessions of chemo (cisplatin) at week 1, 4 and possibly 5. They have been reguarly taking bloods and scans and have now told him that the cancer has metasised into the 6/7th vertabrae in his spine but is not yet a tumour and is a 'mass' they have said that this is "incurable" but manageable. I understand that this metastatis is not a secondary cancer but is the same tongue cancer sells that have moved to a different location but i dont know from what they have said about being 'incurable' does this mean a terminal diagnosis are any further treatments purely palliative ?? I have been waiting for his doctors to call me since friday as i cant be at the hospital with him because of the children and the distance they are now talking about having a meeting with us on Thursday but that is another 3 days away and my head is spinning already i just cant wrap my head around what is being said can anyone please help thankyou so much x