Please talk to your physicians about needing to see a dentist for flouride trays. Since the physicians you are seeing arent radiation oncologists, they might not be aware of the importance of flouride trays.

Stress can wreck havoc on the body. Im sure you must be under considerable stress counting down the days until the surgery. This could be a major factor in the mouth sores that you suddenly have. I doubt it would be cancerous tumors but without a biopsy its not possible to be sure.

Waiting 3-4 months for your recovery to begin radiation does not sound right. When determining a treatment plan, doctors will use a flow chart and should go by the NCCN Guidelines. Of course everyone is different and all kinds of other factors can get added to the mix. This is why a second opinion is so important. All you or any patient can do is to seek out the very best medical care they can and go with it.

NCCN Guidelines for head and neck cancers

PS.... Please take a few minutes to review the link I sent you thru a private message (PM). It will teach you all the little ins and outs of the forum. There is a section on how to edit posts so its not necessary to write post after post.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma