Hi Everyone,
I just called my mom this morning and she couldn't talk. I spoke with her a couple of days ago and she was in good spirit and although quite swollen (lips and mouth), she was able to speak.
Now, she can’t speak and I found out that her doctor had put her on antibiotics for the inflammation in her mouth, and she seems very weak . She also complained a few days ago of severe drainage from her sinus and mouth area, and swollen mouth altogether. This seems to be a result of low-dose radiation that she's receiving 5 days a week, and only after 3 weeks of treatment, with a few days of interruption.

Has anyone gone through this? Taking antibiotics - Is this normal or alarming?

Many thanks in advance!!!

A bit of a background: She is supposed to receive low-dose radiation for 2 months, combined with 4 chemo-therapy sessions during this period. The radiation is supposed to be contained to only half of the palate of the mouth. The first chemo was not very well taken, and they had to interrupt the treatment and put her on glucose. She did very strict fasting the 2 months prior to her radiation and chemo therapy, so that didn't help. She's also refusing surgery.[b][/b]

Last edited by Desi; 03-28-2016 05:13 PM.