I just wanted to write in here that I am so grateful for this forum and for people like Gloria who are still here helping and giving advice and care. Also to Sheryl, many thanks for keeping everyone up to date on your husbands health. I learned of my mets to my lungs back around October and have been on Erbitux weekly ever since. Tomorrow I have another CT scan to see how the tumors are doing. Mine were growing quickly at first and then on Erbitux so far they have pretty much slowed to a crawl. It is great that Charles has slow growing tumors. It is very encouraging to keep hearing about different immunotherapy and targeted therapies that are being approved. I have heard so many good things about Opdivo which is the next treatment I will get when Erbitux stops working. I know there are others that will be out soon also. I am hoping, just like everyone, that these will be able to extend life for a while and just maybe long enough to see one of them or more actually put this cancer into long term remission. I am praying for everyone and hoping for the best. Thank you to everyone on this board as it is a life saver to have an anchor to hold onto when needed.

Jeff - 41yrs old/previous smoker
SCC buccal mucosa/jaw bone Stage 4
Nov '14 Partial Mandibulectomy with fibula flap, neck dissection
Jan '15 Rads x35 Cisplatin x2
Apr '15 PET/CT concerning area Follow up MRI no mass.
July '15 PET/CT 11mm nodule in right lower lobe the lung.
Oct '15 PET/CT right lung nodule 3cm mass also new left lung nodules
Nov '15 erbitux
Mar '16 CT tumors are growing again, waiting on next step
June'16 hospice had 3 Opdivo infusions trying to regain health