Hi and welcome. I know exactly what you mean because I've had two types of cancer too and wasn't a smoker, didn't drink much. There are quite a few other pathways to this disease but it's natural to feel cheated by fate when you don't have the main risk factors.

You will get a lot of support here. I'd say most of us have had neck dissections and radiation. One of my doctors said, "It's very tough treatment but we get people through it." I found that to be true. They did get me through it. On top of that I had this OCF site to help me. Just writing things down helps and when there's an understanding audience it's even better.

Two cancers in two years is a real blow. Your body and mind is going through so much. All I can reassure you with is that neck dissections and radiation are doable and they are effective.

Other people will be along soon with words of comfort and advice.

Best wishes

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.