[quote=ChristineB]Donna, Im not sure if you have been on the main OCF pages. But there is page after page of info that can be a great learning tool. Here is a link to places that may be able to offer financial assistance or other things to help make this easier. I dont know if any would help or not but its worth checking out. There could be something to help with lodging when traveling for treatments.

Main OCF pages---Financial Help [/quote]

Thanks for pointing me to those resources, Christine. We've long since determined that this cancer is going to clean us out eventually, and try to leave the resources for people who have already reached that point. It makes no sense for us to use funds someone else needs more than we do. We'll reach that point soon enough, but are eternally grateful we can pay our own way for now.

As I continue to read the threads here, I realize how fortunate I am to have found this place. I have a much better idea of what to expect, and a comprehensive list of questions for the doctors. It was lonesome, facing this without someone who really knows what's going on. I find great comfort here.

Donna
Caring for Hubby: Age 73

Radiation, Hard Palate: October, November, December, 2011
Hemiglossectomy (side of tongue): December, 2014
2nd Hemiglossectomy (base of tongue): November 2015