Hi Deb,

So glad you found OCF. I understand the loneliness you are talking about because no matter how much support you have from family and friends they aren't able to fully understand what you are going through. This forum was super helpful for me when my husband went through his treatment and definitely helped with the loneliness. My husband is 1.5 years out from treatment and doing really well. It was a slow recovery and he didn't start to feel significantly better for about 2 months after his chemo and radiation were finished. The mucus started to subside at about 2-3 weeks. You and your husband are probably at the worst of it now and it will get better. The thick mucus was the hardest part for my husband. He just had to wake frequently and try to hack it out. Please let your husband know it will pass. Keep coming back to the forum. There are wonderful people on here who have been through this and will be able to help you both. You both can and will get through this. Make sure you treat yourself in some way every day because this is really hard on the caregiver. Good luck!

Randi

Last edited by Randi; 08-29-2015 10:20 PM.

Spouse/caregiver to my husband:
Age 48 @ diagnosis
HPV+ SCC Stage IV diagnosed 1/14
Primary site unknown
Met to neck lymph node; 2" tumor resected 2/13/14
Completed 7 Cisplatin weekly sessions and 35 daily IMRT sessions 5/6/14
PET scan clear 11/14
CT clear 10/15
CT clear 10/16