It's always so hard when it's an older relative - there's a fine line - we all want to hold onto the people we love so much, but something like this is such a personal decision - based on overall Health - will to live - quality of life etc. I'm one who says fight to the last dying breath and do all you can do to maximize your chances. But I also respect that sometimes our personal feelings can actually worsen an already horrible situation for someone else - particularly an older relative. That's why education is so important and knowing what is a reasonable expectation and outcome vs unreal expectations. That's when we have to ask ourselves am I doing this for myself or them? I am so happy your mom is doing well and improving daily - she is one of the people I would have suggested push through. It often depends on amount of involvement and she sounded like she could potentially come out the other side - hopefully cured. Hugs and healing vibes to her.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan