Have you seen an ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer patients? If not, then I suggest making an appointment to get yourself thoroughly checked out. Make sure you get an appointment with the right type of ENT, not the kind who primarily puts tubes in kids ears. If you are seeing a regular family practitioner they might not be familiar with oral cancer or its symptoms.

Obviously something is wrong or you wouldnt take the time to post here. Remember, stress and anxiety over "what if" can make symptoms appear worse than they are. Im not minimizing what you are experiencing at all so please dont think Im making light of your situation. You know your body the best and know when something is off. Not knowing whats wrong when you feel something isnt right is an awful feeling. Having the nurse practitioner not pay attention to what you are saying is not a very nice way to treat patients!

Hope you can find out whats wrong soon. Hopefully its not cancer and can easily be fixed. If it would be cancer, you are in the right place for info and support.

Good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy