I just wanted to "come into the light" and thank you, as I have been reading posts and learning so much from you all and your collective and individual wisdom for some time now, but I've never posted anything.

I'm here because my mother, diagnosed back in December 2014, and my father are the warriors, my brother and sister-in-law take such good care of day-to-day support, and I am the researcher, phone call maker, beggar, pleader, etc., who lives a couple of hours from them. We are already facing a recurrence/disease progression after surgery, radiation, chemo. Simply put, this is a SCC with very aggressive features. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I wanted to say that I'm in awe of you all and my sweet, sweet mom for the strength and courage you muster up every morning, starting with opening your eyes and facing each day.

Mom (beautiful soul) 12/4/14 SCC L tongue (neg. biopsy 10/14);
1/8/15 hemiglossectomy/neck dissection: T3N1, extracapsular extnsn, PNI, pseudoglandular/spindle cell, margins not clr;
2/2/15 RT/carbo/taxol;
4/15/15 CT clr;
5/15 neuropathic/trigeminal pain/headaches;
6/15 recurrence flap margins/BOT; cancer encroaching skin
7/23/15 hemiglossectomy; clr margins & nodes
10/22/15 CT: nasopharyngeal tumor, jaw, and necrotic nodes; tumor under chin/corner of mouth
11/5/15 left cancer behind