Hello,
As much as I know I am going to come to rely so heavily on this site, I must admit, I really wish I wasn't here.
My name is Amanda. I am 40 years old, mom of twin boys and I was diagnosed with SCC on oral tongue on June 5th. I have never smoked a single cigarette, light social drinker, and HPV negative.
June 12th I finally met with doctor and had CT-PET scans. I have Stage 4a. The tumor involves 90% of my tongue and it has already impacted my speech. My tongue is quite firm. Today, my doctor recommended a total tongue removal. When I asked if there was anyway we could shrink the tumor first he said he would be willing to do Inductive Chemotherapy.
I have an appt at Memorial Sloan Kettering tomorrow morning for a second opinion. I can honestly say I have never been more scared in my entire life and I gave birth to twin boys that were 2 months premature!

DX 6/5/15 Stage 4a SCC left lateral tongue, tumor involves 90% of my oral tongue
LVI and PNI identified
Med Port and PEG 6/23/15
Started Cycle 1 of Induction Chemo (TPF) 6/24/15--3 cycles in total
35 External Radiation sessions and concurrent chemotherapy (2 additional rounds of Cisplatin)
Brachytherapy
Remission as of 2/17/16