Thanks for all of the support everyone. Kirti, so sorry about your Dad.
This sure is a rough road. So strange, one day you are planning a trip down to the Smokey Mountains and are checking out cabins online. The next day you are waiting on biopsy results. What a strange life this is sometimes.
Trying to just get used to the idea that there is a good chance I will be going for radiation soon. From what I hear, the side effects can be brutal, very sore throat and pain. I will get through it. Not like I have a choice! My Vitamix should be arriving in the next day or two.
How did you guys get through radiation?? I am trying to prepare by figuring out the juicing/nutrition thing. I am also hoping to have a few visitors. I live alone, so this is where I kinda/sorta wish I had someone I lived with! But I figure it should be okay. I am used to being alone, it really how I feel most relaxed. Maybe have a few people stop by and hang out, watch movies...or will I be too sickly for that? Were you guys abled to eat at all?? Do they automatically give you a PEG? I will have to check out some of the other topics! Denise

Biopsy tongue 3/24/15
Diagnosis SCC tongue/floor of mouth
Partial glossectomy, resection and right neck dissection done
4/22/15
T2aN0M0
05/01/2015-no further treatment indicated at this time,
monthly check ups for two years