After spending countless hours over months of negotiations, Brian has ironed out all the kinks with the deal for being able to purchase the Vitamix blender thru OCF. If you are interested in purchasing either a new or refurbished model, please call the OCF office M-F 9:30-5 Pacific Standard time 949 723-4400. Jamie or Natalie will be happy to help you place your order.

By purchasing thru OCF, it helps enable OCF to afford to help OC patients who are unable to afford a Vitamix blender of their own. All Vitamix blenders cost the same no matter where you purchase them. Several years ago Vitamix did away with their medically needy discount program. Thru OCF both new and refurbished models are available. The refurbished models go thru strict reconditioning by hand and come with a 5 year warranty. New models have a 7 year warranty. In todays world, nothing automatically comes with that kind of warranty anymore. Plus at Vitamix they stand fully behind every single machine they produce.

The Oral Cancer Foundation has always been in the business of helping people. Careful consideration has been given to the special needs of many OC survivors. Oral cancer impacts us in so many ways speaking, eating, even financially. For many OC patients/survivors owning a Vitamix blender is only a dream as they simply dont have the means to fit a Vitamix blender into their budget. Many OC survivors have permanent eating and swallowing problems. Quite a few are feeding tube dependent for life, like me. At OCF, we understand these challenges better than most as we live them every single day. After much thought, OCF developed a give away program. Several units of the Vitamix blender will be given to those OC survivors who have permanent swallowing/eating disorders and also meet financial guidelines. All OC applicants need are a letter from their doctor on the physician's letterhead with their contact info (it will be verified) explaining the medical need for the oral cancer patient/survivor and be on SSI or SSD providing their yearly award letter. Of course, not everyone who needs a Vitamix blender will always fit into these basic guidelines so all requests will be handled on a case by case basis.

Please ask any general questions on this thread and I will try to reply. I may have to check with Brian on some intricate details of this. For anything that is of a personal nature, please PM me. We always discourage posting personal info on an open forum where anyone can get personal info.

Vitamix website

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy