Posted By: ChristineB Vitamix thru OCF - 04-24-2015 11:51 PM
After spending countless hours over months of negotiations, Brian has ironed out all the kinks with the deal for being able to purchase the Vitamix blender thru OCF. If you are interested in purchasing either a new or refurbished model, please call the OCF office M-F 9:30-5 Pacific Standard time 949 723-4400. Jamie or Natalie will be happy to help you place your order.

By purchasing thru OCF, it helps enable OCF to afford to help OC patients who are unable to afford a Vitamix blender of their own. All Vitamix blenders cost the same no matter where you purchase them. Several years ago Vitamix did away with their medically needy discount program. Thru OCF both new and refurbished models are available. The refurbished models go thru strict reconditioning by hand and come with a 5 year warranty. New models have a 7 year warranty. In todays world, nothing automatically comes with that kind of warranty anymore. Plus at Vitamix they stand fully behind every single machine they produce.

The Oral Cancer Foundation has always been in the business of helping people. Careful consideration has been given to the special needs of many OC survivors. Oral cancer impacts us in so many ways speaking, eating, even financially. For many OC patients/survivors owning a Vitamix blender is only a dream as they simply dont have the means to fit a Vitamix blender into their budget. Many OC survivors have permanent eating and swallowing problems. Quite a few are feeding tube dependent for life, like me. At OCF, we understand these challenges better than most as we live them every single day. After much thought, OCF developed a give away program. Several units of the Vitamix blender will be given to those OC survivors who have permanent swallowing/eating disorders and also meet financial guidelines. All OC applicants need are a letter from their doctor on the physician's letterhead with their contact info (it will be verified) explaining the medical need for the oral cancer patient/survivor and be on SSI or SSD providing their yearly award letter. Of course, not everyone who needs a Vitamix blender will always fit into these basic guidelines so all requests will be handled on a case by case basis.

Please ask any general questions on this thread and I will try to reply. I may have to check with Brian on some intricate details of this. For anything that is of a personal nature, please PM me. We always discourage posting personal info on an open forum where anyone can get personal info.

Vitamix website
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-25-2015 01:04 AM
Great job, Brian and Christine.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-25-2015 09:56 PM
Thanks Gloria, but its all Brian. He works so hard doing all kinds of beneficial things for OC survivors. Most members never hear about all the work he does. Hopefully people will purchase their Vitamix blenders from OCF so OC survivors who have a physical and financial need can get one.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-26-2015 07:16 PM
Brian is extremely kind. I PM'd him once about a negative report on the HPV vaccine and mentioned that it distressed me. He offered to speak to me about my concerns. I was really touched.

Both he and you are truly dedicated and we, the members, are all better for that. I do hope that people will buy their Vitamix machine using the OCF link. We bought ours because the shipping costs for Canada would be too high.

Any thought about starting a forum thread on blended food recipes? That may draw more people's attention to the cause.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-26-2015 10:13 PM
Gloria, Brian and I talked about developing a nutritional thread or section. This would include discussions on proper balanced diets, blended diets, good fats vs bad fats, etc. More on this topic coming soon...
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-27-2015 12:36 AM
When that thread stars, I will be happy to contribute.
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-27-2015 01:56 PM
THANK YOU Brian and Christine for all you both do for OCF. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: donfoo Re: Vitamix thru OCF - 04-28-2015 02:22 AM
Wonderful benefit for OCF patients and anyone who appreciates the superior performance of the Vitamix units. Thanks OCF!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum