Do you know what caused your cancer? Those with HPV related cancers do know. Those who have drunk and smoked for years - have a good idea. If you are young, and have doubts as to the cause I would say that maybe... because you don't want to face a recurrence, and at this point it would likely be highly painful, or irritating to your mouth... it would be a good idea to refrain. I am not a drinker - at all - I don't understand the need to drink to have a good time. Never have. However, I get that a lot of people feel that way. I think in some cases it's all about perspective. What is more important, living? or drinking? I know it's not that you want to drink all the time, but sometimes what starts off as one becomes more over time.
Bottom line. Think of what you went through and ask yourself... DO I WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN?

I just read that you had three nodes involved.

Were I you - I'd take NO chances. Hugs. and best of luck.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan