[quote=Anne-Marie]2) Re: "My dentist said he thought there was no reason to put me through a biopsy" - I don't know what he meant by that, because when my son had his biopsy with an Oral Surgeon, it was no big deal, and done right in his office. [/quote]
I agree. The mental anguish part of the biopsy is something you're already going through anyways, so it can't get much worse. Might as well get it checked and give yourself some peace of mind. The physical part was basically nothing. In my case, all the doctor did was take an instrument that looks like a cross between scissors, pliers and those silly eyelash curlers I remember seeing my aunt use back in the '70's. Doc got me to open my mouth wide, he took a little snip off the tongue, and plopped the little nub of flesh into a little jar with some formaldehyde. That was basically it. Didn't hurt. Bled for about 5 minutes, but he gave me a little roll of gauze.

The part that was more uncomfortable in my experience, was actually the nasal endoscope (where he sticks a camera-on-a-tube down your nose and checks to see if anything else goofy is going on. Of course if you were one of those silly kids who used to put a piece of cooked spaghetti down your nose and pull it back out through your mouth, this probably wouldn't bother you either. I however, was not one of those kids, and found the endoscope pretty uncomfortable.

Dx 2014Jan29 (42 yr old otherwise fit nonsmoker)
SCC tongue stage III T3N0M0
subtotal glossectomy, partial neck dissection, RFFF, trach, NG tube 2014Feb25 16 days in hospital
RAD 25 zaps 2014May5-2014Jun9
Back to work, paddling & hiking shortly afterwards